Bringing Hope to the Community
It's more than a hot meal...it's hope.
The Meal Program
Meals on Wheels of Greenville delivers a hot meal Monday through Friday to nearly 1,500 homebound residents of Greenville County who have no means to prepare a nutritious meal for themselves and little or no support system to help them on a daily basis. Menus are prepared on a 4-week rotation and vary based on a client’s diet restrictions, including vegetarian, renal, chopped, diabetic and pureed.
Meals on Wheels is about so much more than the meal. Our volunteers check-in with clients daily as they deliver meals to monitor their well-being. In addition, they serve as a link between homebound clients and our Client Services team, who can connect clients to a variety of other community-based services such as transportation, home health services, financial services, home repair and handicap access modifications as needed.
Pet Food Program
Many of our clients have a dog or cat who is their only companion at home. If food is limited, clients may choose to feed their Meals on Wheels meal to their pet. To ensure that both owner and pet have the nutrition they need to remain in their home together, we deliver pet food once a month to more than 100 clients. We depend on donations of unopened dog and cat food to meet our clients' needs. Donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Camp Bow Wow | 602 Airport Road, Greenville
- Cleveland Park Animal Hospital | Greenville and Simpsonville locations
- Hillcrest Animal Hospital | 1211 E Georgia Road, Simpsonville
- McPhail Animal Hospital | 2 Jenkins Ct, Mauldin
- Meals on Wheels | 15 Oregon Street, Greenville
- Powdersville Animal Hospital | 10920 Anderson Road, Powdersville
- Saluda River Pet Food | Greenville and Simpsonville locations